Welcome to Gandy ...
Gandy is located in Millard County<1>.
Gandy is 4,950 feet [1,509 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Gandy is about 1 mile [or 1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Gandy lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Gandy (for example, toward Ely (NV)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Gandy is located in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Gandy ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Gandy - they are located in Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Gandy.
Communities near Gandy ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Gandy.
- Partoun [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Partoun
- Partoun [Juab County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the north of Gandy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Partoun
- Tungstonia [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tungstonia
- Tungstonia [White Pine County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Gandy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tungstonia have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Parker [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parker
- Parker [White Pine County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Gandy
- Trout Creek [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Creek
- Trout Creek [Juab County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Gandy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Creek
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Eskdale [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eskdale
- Eskdale [Millard County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the south of Gandy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eskdale
- Goshute [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshute
- Goshute [Juab County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the north of Gandy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshute
- Baker [White Pine County]
- Piermont [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piermont
- Piermont [White Pine County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> to the west of Gandy
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Piermont. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Callao [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Callao
- Callao [Juab County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Gandy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Callao have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former name for Callao:
- Willow Springs
- Callao has also been known as:
- Willow Springs Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Callao
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Callao<5>
- Garrison [Millard County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Gandy. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Gandy.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Gandy. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Gandy.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Gandy ...
Looking for more information about Gandy? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Gandy, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Gandy.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Utah
About Millard County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gandy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Millard, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Gandy - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gandy) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gandy. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gandy
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gandy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4437, Longitude: -113.9843
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|