Welcome to Deer Run ...
Although we found mention of Deer Run during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Given the context of how Deer Run was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Deer Run to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Deer Run, please Contact Us.
The location of Deer Run has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Deer Run is 680 feet [207 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Deer Run might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
We believe that Deer Run would be found within the (919) & (984)<4> area codes.
Communities Also Named Deer Run ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 14 communities that are also named Deer Run - they are located in Alberta, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia (2), Illinois (2), Maryland, New York (3), Virginia and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Deer Run.
Communities near Deer Run ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Deer Run.
- Chapel Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carrboro
- Carrboro lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the south of Deer Run.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 21,239 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carrboro have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrboro
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Carrboro<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roxboro
- Roxboro lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Deer Run.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 8,383 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Roxboro have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roxboro
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roxboro<6>
- Haw River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haw River
- Haw River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the west of Deer Run.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,532 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haw River have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haw River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Haw River<6>
- Green Level
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green Level
- Green Level lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the west of Deer Run.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,341 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Green Level have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green Level
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Deer Run. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Deer Run.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Deer Run. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Deer Run.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Deer Run. See our Newspapers Page for Deer Run.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Deer Run ...
Looking for more information about Deer Run? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Deer Run, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Deer Run.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Orange County: www.co.orange.nc.us/
The official website for State of North Carolina: https://www.nc.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Deer Run and then turned east". While Deer Run could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Deer Run as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Deer Run could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Deer Run - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (984) is an overlay for area code (919).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Deer Run) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Deer Run. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Deer RunOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deer Run. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.1682, Longitude: -79.1286 In this case, the coordinates for Deer Run have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|