Welcome to Armells ...
So far, we have found very little information about Armells. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Armells to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Armells, please Contact Us.
Armells would have been located within present day Fergus County<2>.
The location of Armells has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Armells is 3,780 feet [1,152 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Armells is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Armells was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Armells once stood is in the (406) area code.
Communities near Armells ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Armells.
- Winifred [Fergus County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winifred have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winifred
- Winifred [Fergus County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northwest of Armells
- Estimated population in 2018: 196 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winifred
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winifred<6>
- Roy Junction [Fergus County]
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Roy Junction. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy Junction
- Roy Junction [Fergus County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the west of Armells
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy Junction
- Fort Maginnis [Fergus County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Maginnis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Maginnis
- Fort Maginnis [Fergus County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the south of Armells
- Hilger [Fergus County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Maiden [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maiden
- Maiden [Fergus County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the south of Armells
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maiden
- Roy [Fergus County]
- Giltedge [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Giltedge
- Giltedge [Fergus County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the south of Armells
- Kendall [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kendall
- Kendall [Fergus County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the west of Armells
- Lewistown Heights [Fergus County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lewistown Heights have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lewistown Heights
- Lewistown Heights [Fergus County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the southwest of Armells
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lewistown Heights
- Forestgrove [Fergus County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Armells. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Armells.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Armells. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Armells.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Armells. See our Newspapers Page for Armells.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Fergus County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Fergus County: www.co.fergus.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Armells, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Fergus, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Armells - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Armells) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armells. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.3155, Longitude: -109.1841 In this case, the coordinates for Armells have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<8>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|