Welcome to Roy ...
Roy is located in Fergus County<1>.
We don't have a date for the establishment of Roy.
Roy is 3,490 feet [1,064 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Roy is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Roy lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The area code for Roy: (406)
The ZIP code for Roy: 59471<3>
Communities Also Named Roy ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 24 communities that are also named Roy - they are located in Arkansas (2), British Columbia, Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia (2), Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana (2), Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Roy.
Communities near Roy ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Roy.
- Fort Maginnis [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Maginnis
- Fort Maginnis [Fergus County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Roy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Maginnis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Roy Junction [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy Junction
- Roy Junction [Fergus County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Roy
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Roy Junction. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy Junction
- Maiden [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maiden
- Maiden [Fergus County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Roy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maiden
- Christina [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Christina
- Christina [Fergus County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Roy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Christina
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Giltedge [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Giltedge
- Giltedge [Fergus County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Roy
- Hilger [Fergus County]
- Grass Range [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grass Range
- Grass Range [Fergus County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Roy
- Population from the 2020 Census: 105 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grass Range have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grass Range
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Grass Range<7>
- Kendall [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kendall
- Kendall [Fergus County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Roy
- Forestgrove [Fergus County]
- Winifred [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winifred
- Winifred [Fergus County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Roy
- Population from the 2020 Census: 196 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winifred have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winifred
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winifred<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Roy. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Roy.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Roy. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Roy.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Roy. See our Newspapers Page for Roy.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Roy ...
Looking for more information about Roy? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Roy, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Roy.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Fergus County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fergus County: www.co.fergus.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Fergus, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Roy - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Roy). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Roy or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Roy) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Roy. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RoyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.3334, Longitude: -108.9587 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|