Welcome to Coal Creek ...
So far, we have found very little information about Coal Creek. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Coal Creek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Coal Creek, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Coal Creek, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
A typical abbreviation for Coal Creek: Coal Crk. (or less commonly used: Coal Ck. or Coal Cr.)
While the community is gone, the present day location for Coal Creek is 4,900 feet [1,494 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Coal Creek is about 1 mile [or 1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Coal Creek was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Adding Coal Creek to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Coal Creek was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Coal Creek on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Coal Creek ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Coal Creek - they are located in Alaska, Colorado (2), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Montana, New Brunswick, Oklahoma and Washington (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Coal Creek.
Communities near Coal Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Coal Creek.
- West Fernie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Fernie
- West Fernie lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Coal Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Fernie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morrissey
- Morrissey lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Coal Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morrissey
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hosmer
- Hosmer lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Coal Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hosmer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corbin
- Corbin lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Coal Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corbin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elko
- Elko lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Coal Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elko came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elko
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elko<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galloway
- Galloway lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Coal Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Galloway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galloway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jaffray
- Jaffray lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Coal Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jaffray came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jaffray
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest
- Crowsnest lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Coal Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a British Columbia Community
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Coal Creek, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Coal Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coal Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coal Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Coal CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coal Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4865, Longitude: -114.9853 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|