Welcome to Galloway ...
Time Zone: Galloway lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel south from Galloway, you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Area codes for Galloway: (250) & (778)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Galloway: V0B<2>
Communities Also Named Galloway ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 20 communities that are also named Galloway - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan (2), Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas (3), West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Galloway.
Communities near Galloway ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Galloway.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jaffray
- Jaffray lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Galloway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jaffray came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jaffray
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elko
- Elko lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Galloway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elko came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elko
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elko<4>
- Baynes Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baynes Lake
- Baynes Lake lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Galloway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baynes Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wardner
- Wardner lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Galloway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wardner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wardner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wardner<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morrissey
- Morrissey lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Galloway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morrissey
- Waldo - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waldo
- Waldo was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Galloway
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Waldo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kragmont
- Kragmont lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Galloway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kragmont
- Bull River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bull River
- Bull River lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Galloway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bull River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bull River
- West Fernie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Fernie
- West Fernie lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Galloway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Fernie
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Galloway ...
Looking for more information about Galloway? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Galloway, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Galloway.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Galloway. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Galloway, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Galloway). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Galloway or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Galloway) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Galloway. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GallowayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Galloway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3459, Longitude: -115.2304 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|