Our Genealogy Helper for Kaihon Kug ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Kaihon Kug (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Kaihon Kug. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Neighboring Counties ...
When searching for family records, we have frequently made the mistake of not checking the neighboring counties.
For example, we have great-grandparents who lived in the northeast corner of their home county. During their lives, most doctors were in the next county to the east. Almost all of the nearby churches and cemeteries were in the county to the north.
So when searching for records, we had our best success by looking in neighboring counties instead of the county in which they lived: their home county contained property and probate records; the county to the east contained birth and death records; the county to the north contained their burial records. If we hadn't included the neighboring counties, we would have missed many valuable sources of information.
If you're in a similar situation, we hope that the following information helps.
Kaihon Kug is located in Pima County.
To see how the shape of Arizona's counties have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Pima County: Cochise, Graham, Maricopa, Pinal, Santa Cruz & Yuma.
Below are the counties that are near Kaihon Kug. For each of these counties, we show a sample of those communities that are closest to Kaihon Kug:
- Pima County (The home county of Kaihon Kug)
- Logan City [Pima County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logan City
- Logan City [Pima County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the north of Kaihon Kug
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Logan City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Gu Oidak [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gu Oidak
- Gu Oidak [Pima County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the south of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gu Oidak
- Nolic [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nolic
- Nolic [Pima County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nolic
- Allen [Pima County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allen
- Allen [Pima County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the north of Kaihon Kug
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Allen. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Narcho Santos [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Narcho Santos
- Narcho Santos [Pima County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the north of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Narcho Santos
- Maish Vaya [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maish Vaya
- Maish Vaya [Pima County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maish Vaya
- Ko Vaya [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ko Vaya
- Ko Vaya [Pima County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ko Vaya
- Sells [Pima County]
- Pisinemo [Pima County]
- Cowlic [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowlic
- Cowlic [Pima County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowlic
- Comobabi [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comobabi
- Comobabi [Pima County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comobabi
- Ali Chukson [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ali Chukson
- Ali Chukson [Pima County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ali Chukson
- Chiawuli Tak [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chiawuli Tak
- Chiawuli Tak [Pima County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Kaihon Kug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chiawuli Tak
For an expanded list of the communities that are closest to Kaihon Kug, see our County-by-County Page for Kaihon Kug.
Newspapers Published in Kaihon Kug ...
An ongoing effort between the Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has resulted in the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
To share their results, the partnership has created the Chronicling America website. The goal of this partnership is to assemble a database about the current and historic newspapers of the United States. This includes a growing collection of scanned images from selected papers. All of it available to the public on their website.
Using information that we've taken from the Chronicling America website, we've identified 4 newspapers that have been published in the area around Kaihon Kug.
Although we're unaware of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Kaihon Kug, there are papers which were published within 13 miles [20.9 km]. A list of those papers, sorted by paper name, can be found on the Extended Newspaper List for Kaihon Kug.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Kaihon Kug:
- Websites specific to Arizona
- Pages specific to Pima County
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Arizona
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Arizona
Cemeteries Near Kaihon Kug ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Kaihon Kug.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Kaihon Kug covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Nolic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nolic Cemetery
- Nolic Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Kaihon Kug.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nolic Cemetery
- Sikul Himatk Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sikul Himatk Cemetery
- The Sikul Himatk Cemetery is located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Sells.More precisely, Sikul Himatk Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the north of Kaihon Kug.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sikul Himatk Cemetery
- Tohono O'odham Reservation Cemetery
- Pisinimo Cemetery
- Cowlic Cemetery
- Ak Chin Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ak Chin Cemetery
- Ak Chin Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Kaihon Kug.
- Ak Chin Cemetery has also been known as:
- Akchin Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ak Chin Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Komlic Cemetery
- Haivana Nakya Cemetery
- Sil Nakya Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sil Nakya Cemetery
- Sil Nakya Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Kaihon Kug.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sil Nakya Cemetery
- Santa Rosa Francisco Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Santa Rosa Francisco Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Santa Rosa Francisco Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Santa Rosa Francisco Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Kaihon Kug.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santa Rosa Francisco Cemetery
- Gu Vo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Gu Vo Cemetery
- Gu Vo Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Kaihon Kug.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gu Vo Cemetery
Nearby Communities in 1895 ...
We've built the following list with information that came from an Atlas published by Rand McNally in 1895. The Atlas had details such as the population of the community (which appears to have come from the 1890 Census) and whether there was a post office and/or railroad service available. We also indicate if the community no longer exists and is now historic.<6>
While we didn't find Kaihon Kug in the Atlas, the following 1895 communities would have been found near the current location of Kaihon Kug.
- Quijotoa [Pima County] - Historic
- While Quijotoa was mentioned in the 1895 Rand McNally Atlas, it no longer exists
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Quijotoa
- Quijotoa [Pima County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Kaihon Kug
- From the 1895 Atlas, Quijotoa had a post office and no railroad service
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Quijotoa have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Kaihon Kug. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kaihon Kug.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Pima County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kaihon Kug. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kaihon Kug) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kaihon Kug. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.0162, Longitude: -112.0796 In this case, the coordinates for Kaihon Kug have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Kaihon Kug, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|