Welcome to Allen ...
So far, we have found very little information about Allen. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Allen to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allen, please Contact Us.
Allen would have been located within present day Pima County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Allen, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Allen was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Allen would have been located in the (520) area code.
Communities Also Named Allen ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 41 communities that are also named Allen - they are located in Alabama, California, Colorado (3), Florida, Georgia (2), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi (4), Montana (2), Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania (3), South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Allen.
Communities near Allen ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allen.
- Nolic [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nolic
- Nolic [Pima County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nolic
- Ak Chin [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ak Chin
- Ak Chin [Pima County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ak Chin
- Pisinemo [Pima County]
- Ko Vaya [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ko Vaya
- Ko Vaya [Pima County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ko Vaya
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Gu Oidak [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gu Oidak
- Gu Oidak [Pima County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gu Oidak
- Santa Rosa [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa [Pima County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Allen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Santa Rosa have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santa Rosa
- Wahak Hotrontk [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wahak Hotrontk
- Wahak Hotrontk [Pima County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wahak Hotrontk
- Anegam [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anegam
- Anegam [Pima County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anegam
- Comobabi [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comobabi
- Comobabi [Pima County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Allen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comobabi
- Sells [Pima County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Allen. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Allen.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Allen. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Allen.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Allen. See our Newspapers Page for Allen.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Pima County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Allen, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pima, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Allen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Allen. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AllenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.1249, Longitude: -112.1218 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|