A visit to the Ash Fork Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Ash Fork Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Ash Fork Cemetery (FAG ID #56966)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere.
We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site.
Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Ash Fork Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Ash Fork Cemetery
The Ash Fork Cemetery is located in Yavapai County<2>.
The county seat for Yavapai County is located in Prescott. Prescott lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<3> to the south of the Ash Fork Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Ash Fork Cemetery
Lat: 35.2318° (35° 13' 54")
Lon: -112.4789° (-112° 28' 44")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Ash Fork Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Arizona:
- Pages specific to Yavapai County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Ash Fork Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Disaster Stories from Arizona
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 9 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Ash Fork Cemetery.
- Ash Fork
- Corva ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corva
- Corva was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Ash Fork Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Corva have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drake
- Drake lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Ash Fork Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drake
- Puntenney ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Puntenney
- Puntenney was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Ash Fork Cemetery.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Puntenney. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Williams Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williams Junction
- Williams Junction lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Ash Fork Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Williams Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williams Junction
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Ash Fork Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Yavapai County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Ash Fork Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Ash Fork Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Yavapai County.
- Cedar Glade Cemetery [Yavapai County]
- Del Rio Springs Cemetery [Yavapai County]
- Mountain View Cemetery [Coconino County]
- Puntenney Cemetery [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Puntenney Cemetery
- Puntenney Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Ash Fork Cemetery.
- Puntenney Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cedar Glen Cemetery
- Wood Spur Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Puntenney Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2458880<1>
- Seligman Public Cemetery [Yavapai County]
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Ash Fork Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #38226 (Ash Fork Cemetery)
- Note: GNIS record #38226 has been archived by the USGS. It is no longer maintained by the USGS, nor can it be retrieved from their website.
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Ash Fork
- County: Yavapai Elev: 1567
- Location given for GNIS #38226 (Ash Fork Cemetery)
- Lat: 35.2316779 Lon: -112.4790675
- Lat: 35.2316779 Lon: -112.4790675
- Open a Google Map centered on the above location.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #56966
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Ash Fork Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.2318, Longitude: -112.4789 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|