Welcome to Puntenney ...
So far, we have found very little information about Puntenney. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Puntenney to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Puntenney, please Contact Us.
Puntenney would have been located within present day Yavapai County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Puntenney, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Puntenney was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
The location where Puntenney once stood is in the (928) area code.
Adding Puntenney to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Puntenney: The earliest book where we found it mentioned was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Puntenney on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Puntenney ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Puntenney.
- Chino Valley [Yavapai County]
- Paulden [Yavapai County]
- Ash Fork [Yavapai County]
- Corva [Coconino County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corva
- Corva [Coconino County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Puntenney
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Corva have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jerome [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jerome
- Jerome [Yavapai County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Puntenney
- Estimated population in 2019: 455 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jerome
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jerome<5>
- Williamson [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williamson
- Williamson [Yavapai County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Puntenney
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Williamson have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williamson
- Williams [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williams
- Williams [Coconino County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Puntenney
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,248 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williams
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Williams<5>
- Clarkdale [Yavapai County]
- Granite Dells [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Granite Dells
- Granite Dells [Yavapai County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the south of Puntenney
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Granite Dells
- Prescott Valley [Yavapai County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Puntenney. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Puntenney.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Puntenney. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Puntenney.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Puntenney. See our Newspapers Page for Puntenney.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Puntenney, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Puntenney) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Puntenney. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Puntenney
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Puntenney. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.9748, Longitude: -112.3847
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|