Welcome to Achi ...
Achi is located in Pima County<1>.
The location of Achi has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Achi is 1,750 feet [533 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Achi lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Achi is located in the (520) area code.
Communities near Achi ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Achi.
- Ak Chin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ak Chin
- Ak Chin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ak Chin
- North Komelik
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Komelik
- North Komelik lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Komelik
- Maish Vaya
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maish Vaya
- Maish Vaya lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maish Vaya
- Chiapuk ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chiapuk
- Chiapuk was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Achi.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chiapuk have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Narcho Santos
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Narcho Santos
- Narcho Santos lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Narcho Santos
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ventana
- Ventana lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ventana
- Allen ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allen
- Allen was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Achi.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Allen. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kohatk
- Kohatk lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kohatk
- Logan City ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logan City
- Logan City was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Achi.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Logan City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Vaya Chin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vaya Chin
- Vaya Chin lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Achi.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vaya Chin
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Achi. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Achi.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Achi. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Achi.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Achi. See our Newspapers Page for Achi.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Achi ...
Looking for more information about Achi? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Achi, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Achi.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Achi. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pima, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Achi - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Achi) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Achi. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.3445, Longitude: -112.0149 In this case, the coordinates for Achi have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|