Welcome to Varsity ...
Time Zone: Varsity lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Varsity: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Varsity: T2L<2>
Communities near Varsity ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Varsity.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestermere
- Chestermere lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Varsity
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chestermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestermere
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chestermere<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cochrane Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cochrane Lake
- Cochrane Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Varsity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cochrane Lake
- Heritage Woods
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Varsity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Varsity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shepard
- Shepard lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Varsity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shepard
- Huntington Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huntington Hills
- Huntington Hills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Varsity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntington Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyside
- Sunnyside lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Varsity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyside
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Varsity ...
Looking for more information about Varsity? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Varsity, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Varsity.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Varsity. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Varsity, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Varsity). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Varsity or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Varsity) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Varsity. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Varsity
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Varsity. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0939, Longitude: -114.1588
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|