List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ponoka (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Alix Cemetery
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.
- To be more accurate, Alto Reste Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the south of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<2>
- Aspelund Cemetery
- The Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Red Deer.
- To be more accurate, Aspelund Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km] to the southwest of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2500225<2>
- Bashaw Cemetery
- Bentley Cemetery
- The Bentley Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Bentley.
- More precisely, Bentley Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southwest of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414665<2>
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
- The Bentley Colony Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Bentley.
- Stated another way, Bentley Colony Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the southwest of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- The Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the north of Bentley.
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the southwest of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery
- Bradshaw Cemetery
- Bunker Hill Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Calumet Cemetery
- Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Dakota United Church Cemetery
- Dalby Swedish Lutheran Cemetery
- Delburne Cemetery
- Dorenlee Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Earlville Rutherford Cemetery
- Eckville Cemetery
- Emmaus Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Erskine Cemetery
- Exaltation Of The Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Fisherton Cemetery
- Forest Home Cemetery
- Fredericksheim Baptist Cemetery
- Fridhem Cemetery
- Great Bend Cemetery
- Hoadley Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Horn Hill Cemetery
- Kuusamo Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Liberal Cemetery
- Littlerock Cemetery
- Louis Bull Cemetery
- Meeting Creek Cemetery
- Millet Community Cemetery
- Mirror Cemetery
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Mountclare Cemetery
- Nashville Cemetery
- New Norway Cemetery
- New Sweden Mission Church Cemetery
- Peace Hills Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Red Deer Cemetery
- Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Roseland Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church Cemetery
- St. Michael RC Cemetery
- St. Norbert's Catholic Cemetery
- St. Peter's Lutheran Cemetery
- Skafse Cemetery
- Skafse Cemetery lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Skafse Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skafse Cemetery
- Tail Creek Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tail Creek Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tail Creek Cemetery lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Ponoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tail Creek Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tail Creek Cemetery
- Tees Cemetery
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery
- Vang Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery
- West Haven Cemetery
- West Meadows Cemetery
- Wetaskiwin Cemetery
- Wetaskiwin Memorial
- Wiesenthal Baptist Church Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Ponoka, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Ponoka to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Ponoka.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Ponoka: www.ponoka.org/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Working on your genealogy? These are excellent websites to start with when searching in and around the area of Ponoka:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Ponoka.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ponoka) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ponoka. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ponoka
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ponoka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6797, Longitude: -113.5841
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|