Our Genealogy Helper for Pakowki ...
So far, we have found very little information about Pakowki. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Pakowki to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pakowki, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Pakowki (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Pakowki. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Pakowki:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Pakowki ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Pakowki.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Pakowki covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Manyberries Cemetery
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- The Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Manyberries.To be more accurate, Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the east of Pakowki.
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Finnish Little Knoll Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548173<3>
- Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Nemiskam Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the west of Pakowki.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- Pleasant View Cemetery
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- The Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery is located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Manyberries.To be precise, Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the south of Pakowki.
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jensen Cemetery
- Pleasant Plain Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2469428<3>
- New Home Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Pakowki.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<3>
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Foremost Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the west of Pakowki.
- Foremost Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foremost Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2209384<3>
- Comrey Cemetery
- Seven Persons Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Pakowki. See our List of 1890's Communities around Pakowki.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Pakowki ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Pakowki.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
SPV's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America - Western Canada
(Available from Amazon.com)
Written by: Walker, Mike
Published by Steam Powered Video (SPV), 2006
for Pakowki. See our Misc Page for Pakowki for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Pakowki, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pakowki) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pakowki. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PakowkiOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pakowki. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4656, Longitude: -110.9468 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|