Around Orion ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Medicine Hat. It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the north of Orion.
The next largest community is Bow Island.
It is located about 37 miles [ km] to the northwest of Orion
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Orion.<2>
- Bow Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Orion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunmore
- Dunmore lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the north of Orion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dunmore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunmore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkwater
- Elkwater lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Orion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkwater<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manyberries
- Manyberries lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Orion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manyberries
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Medicine Hat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onefour
- Onefour lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Orion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Onefour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onefour
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Onefour<4>
- Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the north of Orion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
Curious and Interesting Names Near Orion ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Orion.
Airports Near Orion ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Orion and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Orion.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Orion. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Orion were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Orion) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Orion. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OrionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Orion. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4540, Longitude: -110.8097 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Orion), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|