Around Opal ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Edmonton. It is located about 34 miles [54 km] to the south of Opal.
The next largest community is Saint Albert.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the southwest of Opal
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Opal.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abee
- Abee lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amelia
- Amelia lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Opal
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Amelia. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amelia
- Anton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anton Lake
- Anton Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anton Lake
- Bon Accord
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Opal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronado
- Coronado lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronado
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fedorah
- Fedorah lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fedorah
- Hewitt Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hewitt Estates
- Hewitt Estates lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hewitt Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radway
- Radway lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Opal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Radway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thorhild
- Thorhild lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thorhild
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy
- Vimy lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waugh
- Waugh lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Opal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waugh
Curious and Interesting Names Near Opal ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Opal.
Airports Near Opal ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Opal and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Opal.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Opal. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Opal were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Opal) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Opal. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OpalOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Opal. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0216, Longitude: -113.2361 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Opal), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|