Around Mountain Park ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hinton. It is located about 35 miles [56 km] to the north of where Mountain Park would have been located.
The next largest community is Jasper.
It is located about 34 miles [ km] to the west of Mountain Park
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Brule (36 miles [57.9 km] to the northwest)
- Cadomin (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Mountain Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Coalspur (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalspur
- Coalspur lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Mountain Park
- Coalspur has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalspur
- Hinton (35 miles [56.3 km] to the north)
- Jasper (34 miles [54.7 km] to the west)
- Luscar (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Luscar
- Luscar lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Mountain Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luscar
- Mercoal (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mercoal
- Mercoal lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Mountain Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercoal
- Robb (24 miles [38.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robb
- Robb lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Mountain Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robb
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mountain Park ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mountain Park.
Airports Near Mountain Park ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Mountain Park and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Mountain Park.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Mountain Park
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Mountain Park were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mountain Park) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mountain Park. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mountain ParkOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mountain Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9247, Longitude: -117.2715 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mountain Park), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|