Our Genealogy Helper for Mitford ...
So far, we have found very little information about Mitford. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Mitford to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mitford, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Mitford (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Mitford. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Mitford:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Mitford ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Mitford.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Mitford covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- The Eden Brook Memorial Gardens is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Calgary.To be more precise, Eden Brook Memorial Gardens lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford.
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Holy Family Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Family Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1035052<3>
- Queen's Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Queen's Park Cemetery
- The Queen's Park Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Calgary.To be more accurate, Queen's Park Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Mitford.
- Queen's Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- Calgary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queen's Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639344<3>
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford.
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Yard Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Churchyard Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2235517<3>
- St. Marys Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Marys Cemetery
- St. Marys Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford.
- St. Marys Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Marys Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Marys Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2149969<3>
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- The St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Calgary.To be more accurate, St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford.
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Roman Catholic (RC) Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2236429<3>
- Continue List (20 more) ...
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Burnsland Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Mitford. See our List of 1890's Communities around Mitford.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Mitford, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mitford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mitford. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MitfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mitford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2012, Longitude: -114.5253 |