List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Mitford (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Carstairs.
- To be more accurate, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 39 miles [62.8 km] to the northeast of Mitford.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Big Prairie Cemetery
- Burnsland Cemetery
- Canmore Cemetery
- Carstairs Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- The Chevra Kadisha Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Calgary.
- To be precise, Chevra Kadisha Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Mitford.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2263707<2>
- Chinese Cemetery
- Cremona Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Didsbury Cemetery
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Memorial Chapel Cemetery
- Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Queen's Park Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Marys Cemetery
- Saint Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Saint Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Mitford, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Mitford to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Mitford.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Need help with your genealogy? We recommend a visit to these websites when searching in and around the area of Mitford:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Mitford.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mitford) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mitford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2012, Longitude: -114.5253
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|