Curious and Interesting Names Near Metiskow ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake (40 miles [64.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Metiskow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Consort (28 miles [45.1 km] to the south)
- Coronation (40 miles [64.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Metiskow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Czar (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the west of Metiskow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Greenshields (26 miles [41.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the north of Metiskow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Monitor (29 miles [46.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Metiskow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Primate (35 miles [56.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the east of Metiskow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Veteran (34 miles [54.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Metiskow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Metiskow to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Metiskow to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Metiskow and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 142 miles [228.5 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Metiskow to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,638 miles [2,636.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,261 miles [10,076.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,029 miles [11,312.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,086 miles [8,185.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Metiskow
Mentions & References for Metiskow
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Metiskow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Metiskow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Metiskow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MetiskowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Metiskow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4087, Longitude: -110.6349 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Metiskow to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.511 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.039 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.471 degrees.||