Around Mercoal ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hinton. It is located about 26 miles [41 km] to the northwest of Mercoal.
The next largest community is Edson.
It is located about 40 miles [ km] to the northeast of Mercoal
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Mercoal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalspur
- Coalspur lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Mercoal
- Coalspur has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalspur
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Luscar
- Luscar lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Mercoal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luscar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marlboro
- Marlboro lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Mercoal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marlboro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marlboro
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robb
- Robb lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Mercoal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robb
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mercoal ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mercoal.
Airports Near Mercoal ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Mercoal and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Mercoal.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mercoal. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Mercoal were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mercoal) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mercoal. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MercoalOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mercoal. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1623, Longitude: -117.0939 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mercoal), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|