Communities Also Named Meeting Creek ...
We have found one communities that share the name Meeting Creek.
Within Alberta, the name Meeting Creek is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Meeting Creek in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Hardin County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kentucky community of Meeting Creek [Hardin County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Meeting Creek ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the east of Meeting Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Meeting Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Meeting Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the north of Meeting Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
How Far From Meeting Creek to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Meeting Creek to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Meeting Creek and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 67 miles [107.8 km]<2> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could walk a straight line from Meeting Creek to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,727 miles [2,779.3 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,285 miles [10,114.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,053 miles [11,350.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,128 miles [8,252.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Meeting Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Meeting Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Meeting Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Meeting Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Meeting Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Meeting Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6821, Longitude: -112.7306
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Meeting Creek to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.193 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.969 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.803 degrees.||