Curious and Interesting Names Near Lea Park ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Lea Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Elk Point
- Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Lea Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenstreet
- Greenstreet lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Lea Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenstreet
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Little Fishing Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Fishing Lake
- Little Fishing Lake lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Lea Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Fishing Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Fishing Lake
- Onion Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Lea Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Paradise Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Hill
- Paradise Hill lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the east of Lea Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Lea Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Lea Park. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- William Ernest 'Ernie' Kenny (Professional hockey)
How Far From Lea Park to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lea Park to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lea Park and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 130 miles [209.2 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Lea Park to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,633 miles [2,628.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,180 miles [9,945.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,948 miles [11,181.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,013 miles [8,067.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lea Park. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lea Park) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lea Park. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lea Park
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lea Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6544, Longitude: -110.3399
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lea Park to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.276 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.888 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.03 degrees.||