Curious and Interesting Names Near Lamerton ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley (35 miles [56.3 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Lamerton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Gull Lake (35 miles [56.3 km] to the west)
- Meeting Creek (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Lamerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Mirror (2 miles [3.2 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Lamerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway (26 miles [41.8 km] to the north)
- Red Deer (34 miles [54.7 km] to the southwest)
- Red Willow (21 miles [33.8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Lamerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Rosedale Valley (27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Lamerton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
How Far From Lamerton to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lamerton to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lamerton and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 74 miles [119.1 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Lamerton to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,741 miles [2,801.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,303 miles [10,143.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,070 miles [11,378.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,147 miles [8,283.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lamerton) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lamerton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5000, Longitude: -113.0833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lamerton to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.476 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.274 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.069 degrees.||