Communities Also Named Lake Louise ...
We have found two communities that share the name Lake Louise.
Within Alberta, the name Lake Louise is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Lake Louise lies 1,350 miles [2,172.6 km]<1> to the northwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Louise
- Pierce County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Washington community of Lake Louise [Pierce County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lake Louise ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Castle Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Mountain
- Castle Mountain lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Lake Louise
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cathedral
- Cathedral lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Lake Louise
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cathedral came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cathedral
- Eisenhower Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eisenhower Junction
- Eisenhower Junction lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Lake Louise
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eisenhower Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eisenhower Junction
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hector
- Hector lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the west of Lake Louise
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hector came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hector
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ottertail
- Ottertail lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Lake Louise
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ottertail came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ottertail
How Far From Lake Louise to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lake Louise to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lake Louise and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 184 miles [296.1 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could drive a straight line from Lake Louise to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,875 miles [3,017.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 107 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,427 miles [10,343.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,192 miles [11,574.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,286 miles [8,507 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lake Louise: www.discoverlakelouise.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lake Louise) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lake Louise. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lake LouiseOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lake Louise. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4255, Longitude: -116.1772 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lake Louise could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lake Louise to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.961 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.017 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.288 degrees.||