Welcome to Eisenhower Junction ...
A typical abbreviation for Eisenhower Junction: Eisenhower Jct. (or less commonly used: Eisenhower Jctn.)
Eisenhower Junction is 4,680 feet [1,426 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Eisenhower Junction is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Eisenhower Junction lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Eisenhower Junction: (403) & (587)<2>
Communities near Eisenhower Junction ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Eisenhower Junction.
- Banff (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Lake Louise (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Bankhead (17 miles [27.4 km] to the east) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bankhead
- Bankhead was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Eisenhower Junction
- Anthracite (18 miles [29 km] to the east) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anthracite
- Anthracite was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Eisenhower Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Anthracite. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Minnewanka Landing (18 miles [29 km] to the east) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minnewanka Landing
- Minnewanka Landing was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Eisenhower Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Minnewanka Landing. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Stephen (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stephen
- Stephen lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Eisenhower Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stephen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stephen
- Georgetown (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
- Georgetown was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Eisenhower Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Georgetown. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Harvie Heights (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harvie Heights
- Harvie Heights lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Eisenhower Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harvie Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harvie Heights
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harvie Heights<4>
- Field (26 miles [41.8 km] to the west)
- Canmore (27 miles [43.5 km] to the southeast)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Eisenhower Junction ...
Looking for more information about Eisenhower Junction? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Eisenhower Junction, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Eisenhower Junction.
Adding Eisenhower Junction to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Eisenhower Junction was on a map titled Map of Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Eisenhower Junction on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Eisenhower Junction
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eisenhower Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Eisenhower Junction - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Eisenhower Junction) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eisenhower Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2667, Longitude: -115.9167 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|