Welcome to Lac Cardinal ...
Lac Cardinal is 2,140 feet [652 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Lac Cardinal is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Lac Cardinal lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Lac Cardinal: (780) and (587)<2>
Communities near Lac Cardinal ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lac Cardinal.
- Peace River (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Grimshaw (9 miles [14.5 km] to the southeast)
- Berwyn (8 miles [12.9 km] to the south)
- Whitelaw (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitelaw
- Whitelaw lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Lac Cardinal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitelaw
- Brownvale (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownvale
- Brownvale lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Lac Cardinal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brownvale<4>
- Dixonville (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Lac Cardinal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- Shaftesbury Settlement (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Lac Cardinal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
- Roma Junction (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roma Junction
- Roma Junction lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Lac Cardinal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roma Junction
- Deer Hill (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Hill
- Deer Hill lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Lac Cardinal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Hill
- Bluesky (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southwest of Lac Cardinal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lac Cardinal ...
Looking for more information about Lac Cardinal? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lac Cardinal, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lac Cardinal.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lac Cardinal. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lac Cardinal - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lac Cardinal) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lac Cardinal. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.2667, Longitude: -117.8167 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|