Curious and Interesting Names Near Innisfree ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Inland (27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Innisfree
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Mannville (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Two Hills (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Innisfree
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
- Viking (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Innisfree
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<2>
How Far From Innisfree to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Innisfree to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Innisfree and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 82 miles [132 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Innisfree to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,680 miles [2,703.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,220 miles [10,010.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,987 miles [11,244.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,059 miles [8,141.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Innisfree
Mentions & References for Innisfree
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Innisfree. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Innisfree) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Innisfree. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from InnisfreeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Innisfree. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3809, Longitude: -111.5304 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Innisfree to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.231 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.942 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.876 degrees.||