Curious and Interesting Names Near Hesketh ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Aerial (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aerial
- Aerial lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Hesketh
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aerial. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
- Carbon (7 miles [11.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbon
- Carbon lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the west of Hesketh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon
- Drumheller (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Rockyford (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockyford
- Rockyford lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Hesketh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockyford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockyford
- Rosebud (11 miles [17.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south of Hesketh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosebud<4>
- Rosedale (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Rosedale Station (15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Hesketh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
- Twining (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twining
- Twining lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Hesketh
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Twining. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twining
How Far From Hesketh to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hesketh to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hesketh and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 145 miles [233.4 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Hesketh to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,736 miles [2,793.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,365 miles [10,243.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,132 miles [11,477.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,199 miles [8,367 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Hesketh
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hesketh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hesketh) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hesketh. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HeskethOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hesketh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4667, Longitude: -112.9667 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hesketh to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.368 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.065 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.167 degrees.||