Below is our collection of tidbits, odds 'n ends for Heinsburg.
This page contains two sections:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Heinsburg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
Beaverdam - 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the North of Heinsburg [Map]
Blackfoot - 36 miles [57.9 km] to the Southeast [Map]
Elk Point - 17 miles [27.4 km] to the Northwest [Map]
Flat Lake - 35 miles [56.3 km] to the Northwest [Map]
Frog Lake - 6 miles [9.7 km] to the Northeast [Map]
Greenstreet (SK) - 35 miles [56.3 km] to the Southeast [Map]
Gurneyville - 27 miles [43.5 km] to the North [Map]
Hoselaw - 32 miles [51.5 km] to the Northwest [Map]
Onion Lake (SK) - 21 miles [33.8 km] to the East [Map]
Pelican Narrows - 36 miles [57.9 km] to the Northwest [Map]
Riverview - 8 miles [12.9 km] to the Northwest [Map]
How Far From Heinsburg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Heinsburg to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Heinsburg and extending to:
- Edmonton [Map], which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 122 miles [196.3 km] to the West (W). If you could drive a straight line from Heinsburg to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON [Map]) is 1,641 miles [2,640.9 km] to the East (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock [Map]) is 6,177 miles [9,940.9 km] and it lies to the North Northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba [Map]) is 6,944 miles [11,175.3 km] and it lies to the North Northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican [Map]) is 5,011 miles [8,064.4 km] and it lies to the Northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Heinsburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Heinsburg) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heinsburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Heinsburg
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heinsburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7696, Longitude: -110.5232 [Map].
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Heinsburg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.422 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.064 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.128 degrees.|