Curious and Interesting Names Near Heinsburg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Elk Point
- Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gurneyville
- Gurneyville lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gurneyville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gurneyville
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Little Fishing Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Fishing Lake
- Little Fishing Lake lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the east of Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Fishing Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Fishing Lake
- Onion Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Pelican Narrows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pelican Narrows
- Pelican Narrows lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pelican Narrows came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pelican Narrows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
How Far From Heinsburg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Heinsburg to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Heinsburg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 123 miles [197.9 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Heinsburg to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,641 miles [2,640.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,177 miles [9,940.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,944 miles [11,175.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,011 miles [8,064.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Heinsburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Heinsburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heinsburg. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HeinsburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heinsburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7696, Longitude: -110.5232 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Heinsburg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.422 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.064 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.128 degrees.||