Communities Also Named Heart Lake ...
We have found one communities that share the name Heart Lake.
Within Alberta, the name Heart Lake is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Heart Lake in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Susquehanna County
- This Heart Lake is located in Susquehanna County and lies 1,831 miles [2,946.7 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Susquehanna County community of Heart Lake.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Heart Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Heart Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Byemoor (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Heart Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Coronation (36 miles [57.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the east of Heart Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Drumheller (36 miles [57.9 km] to the southwest)
- Fleet (27 miles [43.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Heart Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Hartshorn (3 miles [4.8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Heart Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Leo (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Heart Lake
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Rosedale (37 miles [59.5 km] to the southwest)
How Far From Heart Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Heart Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Heart Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 124 miles [199.6 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Heart Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,706 miles [2,745.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,324 miles [10,177.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,091 miles [11,411.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,156 miles [8,297.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Heart Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Heart Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heart Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Heart LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heart Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9110, Longitude: -112.2494 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Heart Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.798 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.455 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.622 degrees.||