Curious and Interesting Names Near Galahad ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Galahad
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Galahad
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the west of Galahad
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Galahad
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the north of Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
How Far From Galahad to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Galahad to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Galahad and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 96 miles [154.5 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Galahad to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,693 miles [2,724.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,280 miles [10,106.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,048 miles [11,342.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,115 miles [8,231.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Galahad. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Galahad) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Galahad. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GalahadOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Galahad. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5136, Longitude: -111.9273 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Galahad to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.546 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.221 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.302 degrees.||