Welcome to Embarras ...
Although we found mention of Embarras during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Embarras was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Embarras to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Embarras, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Embarras might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Embarras would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Embarras ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Embarras.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robb
- Robb lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Embarras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robb
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marlboro
- Marlboro lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Embarras
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marlboro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marlboro
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalspur
- Coalspur lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Embarras
- Coalspur has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalspur
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mercoal
- Mercoal lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Embarras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercoal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the southwest of Embarras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Luscar
- Luscar lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the southwest of Embarras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luscar
- Mountain Park - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Embarras
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mountain Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Embarras ...
Looking for more information about Embarras? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Embarras, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Embarras.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Embarras and then turned west". While Embarras could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Embarras as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Embarras could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Embarras) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Embarras. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3000, Longitude: -116.9000 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|