Curious and Interesting Names Near Eisenhower Junction ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Anthracite ‑ Historic
(18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Anthracite. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anthracite
(24 miles [38.6 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cathedral came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cathedral
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Cathedral
- Dead Man's Flats
(32 miles [51.5 km] to the southeast)
(26 miles [41.8 km] to the west)
- Georgetown ‑ Historic
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Georgetown. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hector came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hector
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Hector
- Lake Louise
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
(27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ottertail came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ottertail
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Ottertail
(33 miles [53.1 km] to the southwest)
How Far From Eisenhower Junction to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Eisenhower Junction to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<4> beginning in Eisenhower Junction and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 187 miles [300.9 km]<4> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Eisenhower Junction to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,864 miles [2,999.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 73 days and walking would take 106 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,432 miles [10,351.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,198 miles [11,584.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,288 miles [8,510.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eisenhower Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Eisenhower Junction) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eisenhower Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2667, Longitude: -115.9167 |
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Eisenhower Junction to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.746 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.76 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.138 degrees.||