Welcome to Dowling ...
Although we found mention of Dowling during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dowling was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dowling to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dowling, please Contact Us.
Dowling is 2,580 feet [786 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Dowling is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dowling might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Dowling would be found within the (403) & (587)<3> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Dowling: T0J<4>
Communities Also Named Dowling ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Dowling - they are located in Arkansas, Michigan, Ohio, Ontario, South Dakota and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dowling.
Communities near Dowling ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dowling.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hanna came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanna
- Hanna lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<6> to the south of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanna<7>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Endiang came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Endiang
- Endiang lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northwest of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Endiang
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<6> to the southwest of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmyle
- Craigmyle lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the southwest of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmyle
- Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northwest of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spondin
- Spondin lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<6> to the east of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spondin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richdale
- Richdale lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<6> to the southeast of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<6> to the northwest of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lawsonburg. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawsonburg
- Lawsonburg lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<6> to the south of Dowling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawsonburg
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dowling ...
Looking for more information about Dowling? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dowling, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dowling.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Dowling and then turned west". While Dowling could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dowling as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dowling could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dowling - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Dowling, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dowling). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dowling or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dowling) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dowling. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.7786, Longitude: -111.9894
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|