Curious and Interesting Names Near Donalda ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the east of Donalda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Donalda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Donalda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Donalda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Donalda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
How Far From Donalda to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Donalda to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Donalda and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Donalda to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,720 miles [2,768.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,289 miles [10,121.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,056 miles [11,355.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,129 miles [8,254.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Donalda. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Donalda) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Donalda. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Donalda
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Donalda. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5838, Longitude: -112.5756
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Donalda to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.068 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.819 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.718 degrees.||