Communities Also Named Dewberry ...
We have found three communities that share the name Dewberry.
Within Alberta, the name Dewberry is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Hall County
- This community is historic<1> and although located in Hall County, we don't know where within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Hall County community of Dewberry.
- Walker County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Georgia community of Dewberry [Walker County].
- Ripley County
- This Dewberry is located in Ripley County and lies 1,562 miles [2,513.8 km]<3> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Ripley County community of Dewberry.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dewberry ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Dewberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Elk Point
- Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the north of Dewberry
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenstreet
- Greenstreet lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> to the east of Dewberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenstreet
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Onion Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northeast of Dewberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<3> to the south of Dewberry
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Dewberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Dewberry. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- William Ernest 'Ernie' Kenny (Professional hockey)
How Far From Dewberry to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Dewberry to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dewberry and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 122 miles [196.3 km]<3> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Dewberry to Edmonton, with an average speed<7>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,640 miles [2,639.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<8> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,188 miles [9,958.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,955 miles [11,193 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,021 miles [8,080.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<11>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dewberry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Dewberry, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dewberry could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dewberry) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dewberry. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DewberryOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dewberry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5879, Longitude: -110.5262 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<7>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<8>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dewberry to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.425 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.05 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.167 degrees.||