Curious and Interesting Names Near Delburne ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley (23 miles [37 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Delburne
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Gull Lake (34 miles [54.7 km] to the northwest)
- Mirror (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Delburne
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Red Deer (24 miles [38.6 km] to the west)
- Red Willow (33 miles [53.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Delburne
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Rosedale Valley (28 miles [45.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Delburne
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Springbrook (27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Delburne
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Three Hills (34 miles [54.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Hills
- Three Hills lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the south of Delburne
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Hills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Three Hills<3>
How Far From Delburne to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Delburne to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Delburne and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 93 miles [149.7 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Delburne to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,748 miles [2,813.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,325 miles [10,179.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,092 miles [11,413.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,167 miles [8,315.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Delburne
Mentions & References for Delburne
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Delburne: www.village.delburne.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Delburne) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Delburne. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DelburneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Delburne. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1975, Longitude: -113.2358 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Delburne to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.595 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.385 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.222 degrees.||