Our Genealogy Helper for Cremona ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Cremona (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Cremona. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Cremona:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Cremona ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Cremona.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Cremona covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Cremona Cemetery
- Big Prairie Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
- Bergen Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergen Cemetery
- The Bergen Cemetery is located outside and to the east of Bergen.Stated another way, Bergen Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Cremona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergen Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2272206<2>
- Carstairs Cemetery
- Didsbury Cemetery
- Sundre & District Cemetery
- Hainstock Cemetery
- Eagle Hill Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Mitford Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Cremona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- Continue List (20 more) ...
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- The St. Mary's RC Cemetery is located in Cochrane.To be more precise, St. Mary's RC Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Cremona.
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #1980174<2>
- Olds Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Carstairs.Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the east of Cremona.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Cremona. See our List of 1890's Communities around Cremona.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cremona. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cremona) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cremona. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CremonaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cremona. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5451, Longitude: -114.4885 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|