Welcome to Codesa ...
Although we found mention of Codesa during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Codesa was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Codesa to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Codesa, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Codesa might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Codesa would be found within the (780) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Codesa ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Codesa.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitelaw
- Whitelaw lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitelaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownvale
- Brownvale lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the north of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brownvale<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eaglesham came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eaglesham
- Eaglesham lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eaglesham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watino
- Watino lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watino
- Jean Cote
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jean Cote came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jean Cote
- Jean Cote lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jean Cote
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belloy
- Belloy lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Codesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belloy
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Codesa ...
Looking for more information about Codesa? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Codesa, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Codesa.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Codesa and then turned west". While Codesa could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Codesa as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Codesa could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Codesa) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Codesa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.9091, Longitude: -117.8516
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|