Curious and Interesting Names Near Clandonald ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blackfoot (29 miles [46.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Clandonald
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Elk Point (23 miles [37 km] to the north)
- Frog Lake (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Clandonald
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
- Mannville (24 miles [38.6 km] to the southwest)
- Onion Lake (30 miles [48.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Clandonald
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Paradise Valley (40 miles [64.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Clandonald
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Riverview (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the north of Clandonald
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
How Far From Clandonald to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Clandonald to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Clandonald and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 114 miles [183.5 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Clandonald to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,648 miles [2,652.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,192 miles [9,965.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,960 miles [11,201 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,027 miles [8,090.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Clandonald
Mentions & References for Clandonald
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clandonald. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Clandonald) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clandonald. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ClandonaldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clandonald. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5720, Longitude: -110.7141 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Clandonald to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.576 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.219 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.295 degrees.||