Curious and Interesting Names Near Byemoor ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
(38 miles [61.2 km] to the northeast)
- Big Valley
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley <2>
(38 miles [61.2 km] to the east)
(28 miles [45.1 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Fleet
(39 miles [62.8 km] to the northeast)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Hartshorn
- Heart Lake
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the north)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Leo
- Red Willow
(32 miles [51.5 km] to the north)
How Far From Byemoor to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Byemoor to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<4> beginning in Byemoor and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 117 miles [188.3 km]<4> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Byemoor to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,710 miles [2,752 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,320 miles [10,171.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,088 miles [11,407 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,154 miles [8,294.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Byemoor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Byemoor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Byemoor. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ByemoorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Byemoor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9960, Longitude: -112.3471 |
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Byemoor to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.878 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.553 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.671 degrees.||