Communities Also Named Britannia ...
We have found two communities that share the name Britannia.
Within Alberta, the name Britannia is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- This Britannia lies 2,633 miles [4,237.4 km]<1> to the east northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Britannia
- This Britannia lies 1,643 miles [2,644.2 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Britannia
Curious and Interesting Names Near Britannia ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Deer Run (6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Run
- Deer Run lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Run
- Forest Lawn (5 miles [8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Lawn
- Forest Lawn lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northeast of Britannia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forest Lawn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Lawn
- Haysboro (less than 2 miles to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haysboro
- Haysboro lies less than 2 miles<1> to the south of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haysboro
- Heritage Woods (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- Highwood (6 miles [9.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highwood
- Highwood lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the north of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highwood
- Signal Hill (4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Signal Hill
- Signal Hill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the west of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Signal Hill
- Sunnyside (3 miles [4.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyside
- Sunnyside lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the north of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyside
- Two Guns (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Guns
- Two Guns lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Guns
- Vista Heights (5 miles [8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vista Heights
- Vista Heights lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northeast of Britannia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vista Heights
How Far From Britannia to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Britannia to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Britannia and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 177 miles [284.9 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Britannia to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,786 miles [2,874.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,415 miles [10,323.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,182 miles [11,558.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,254 miles [8,455.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Britannia
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Britannia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Britannia) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Britannia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0000, Longitude: -114.0833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Britannia to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.257 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.04 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.972 degrees.|