Welcome to Bonar ...
Although we found mention of Bonar during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Bonar was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Bonar to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bonar, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Bonar might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Bonar would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Bonar: T0J<3>
Communities near Bonar ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bonar.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hanna came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanna
- Hanna lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the west of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanna<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richdale
- Richdale lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the east of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the west of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanmore
- Stanmore lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the east of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stanmore
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spondin
- Spondin lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spondin
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lawsonburg. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawsonburg
- Lawsonburg lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southwest of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawsonburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmyle
- Craigmyle lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmyle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnynook
- Sunnynook lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the south of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnynook
- Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the northwest of Bonar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bonar ...
Looking for more information about Bonar? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bonar, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bonar.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Bonar and then turned east". While Bonar could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bonar as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bonar could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Bonar, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bonar). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bonar or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bonar) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bonar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6354, Longitude: -111.8030
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|