Curious and Interesting Names Near Bluesky ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gage came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gage
- Gage lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Bluesky
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gage
- Last Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Last Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Last Lake
- Last Lake lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Bluesky
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Last Lake
- Peace River
- Poplar Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Bluesky
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scotswood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotswood
- Scotswood lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Bluesky
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scotswood
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Bluesky
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Bluesky
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
How Far From Bluesky to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bluesky to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bluesky and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 256 miles [412 km]<2> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Bluesky to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,961 miles [3,155.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 112 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,165 miles [9,921.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,926 miles [11,146.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,078 miles [8,172.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bluesky. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bluesky) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bluesky. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bluesky
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bluesky. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.0667, Longitude: -118.2500
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bluesky to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.695 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.312 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.962 degrees.||