Communities Also Named Blairmore ...
We have found one communities that share the name Blairmore.
Within Alberta, the name Blairmore is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Blairmore in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Dunn County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Wisconsin community of Blairmore [Dunn County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Blairmore ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Blairmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest
- Crowsnest lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Blairmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest
- Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the west of Blairmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<4>
- Elk Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elk Prairie
- Elk Prairie lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Blairmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elk Prairie
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkview
- Elkview lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Blairmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies less than 2 miles<2> to the east of Blairmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maycroft
- Maycroft lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Blairmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maycroft
- Natal - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Natal
- Natal was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Blairmore
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Natal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Pincher Creek
- Pincher Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Blairmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
How Far From Blairmore to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Blairmore to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Blairmore and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 274 miles [441 km]<2> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Blairmore to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,808 miles [2,909.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,509 miles [10,475.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,276 miles [11,709.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,340 miles [8,593.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Blairmore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Blairmore could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Blairmore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blairmore. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BlairmoreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blairmore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6079, Longitude: -114.4390 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Blairmore to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.506 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.214 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.405 degrees.||