Communities Also Named Big Valley ...
We found two communities that share the name Big Valley.
Within Alberta, the name Big Valley is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Calaveras County
- This Big Valley is located in Calaveras County and lies 1,028 miles [1,654.4 km]<1> to the south southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Calaveras County community of Big Valley.
- Mills County
- This Big Valley is located in Mills County and lies 1,593 miles [2,563.7 km]<1> to the south southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Mills County community of Big Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Big Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Big Valley.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Big Valley.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Big Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Big Valley.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Big Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Big Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Three Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Hills
- Three Hills lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Big Valley.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Hills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Three Hills<3>
How Far From Big Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Big Valley to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Big Valley and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 109 miles [175.4 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Big Valley to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,727 miles [2,779.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,326 miles [10,180.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,093 miles [11,415.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,163 miles [8,309 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Big Valley: www.villageofbigvalley.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Big Valley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Big Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Big ValleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Big Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0333, Longitude: -112.7500 |
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Big Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.202 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.924 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.93 degrees.||