Curious and Interesting Names Near Bellshill ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
(33 miles [53.1 km] to the south)
(31 miles [49.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Czar
(36 miles [57.9 km] to the northwest)
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Fleet
(22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
(36 miles [57.9 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking <1>
How Far From Bellshill to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bellshill to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<3> beginning in Bellshill and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 105 miles [169 km]<3> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Bellshill to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,677 miles [2,698.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,269 miles [10,089 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,037 miles [11,325 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,101 miles [8,209.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bellshill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bellshill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bellshill. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BellshillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bellshill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5796, Longitude: -111.5404 |
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bellshill to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.236 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.876 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.035 degrees.||