Communities Also Named Bashaw ...
We have found one communities that share the name Bashaw.
Within Alberta, the name Bashaw is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Bashaw in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Burnett County
- This Bashaw is located in Burnett County and lies 1,049 miles [1,688.2 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Burnett County community of Bashaw.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bashaw ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the south of Bashaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Bashaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Bashaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Bashaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Rosedale Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the west of Bashaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
How Far From Bashaw to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Bashaw to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bashaw and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 70 miles [112.7 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Bashaw to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take three full days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,737 miles [2,795.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,296 miles [10,132.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,063 miles [11,366.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,139 miles [8,270.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Bashaw: www.townofbashaw.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bashaw) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bashaw. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bashaw
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bashaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5833, Longitude: -112.9667
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bashaw to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.382 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.176 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.977 degrees.||