Welcome to Barrhead ...
The town of Barrhead was founded in 1906.
Barrhead is 2,080 feet [634 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Barrhead lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Barrhead: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Barrhead: T7N<3>
Websites for Barrhead ...
Official Website: www.barrhead.ca/
Adding Barrhead to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Barrhead was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Barrhead on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Barrhead ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Barrhead - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Barrhead.
Communities near Barrhead ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Barrhead.
- Nakamun Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nakamun Park
- Nakamun Park lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Barrhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nakamun Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nakamun Park
- Birch Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Barrhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lunnford
- Lunnford lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lunnford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bloomsbury
- Bloomsbury lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomsbury
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manola
- Manola lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manola
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom
- Freedom lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Campsie
- Campsie lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Barrhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Campsie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Campsie
- Camp Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Creek
- Camp Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neerlandia
- Neerlandia lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neerlandia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roselea
- Roselea lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roselea
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Barrhead ...
Looking for more information about Barrhead? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Barrhead, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Barrhead.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Barrhead: www.barrhead.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Barrhead - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Barrhead). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Barrhead or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Barrhead) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barrhead. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BarrheadOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barrhead. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1232, Longitude: -114.4020 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|